The cost of living in Yinchuan, Ningxia
- March 30, 2016
- Posted by: Andreas
- Category: Articles
Here I provide you with an article about the cost of living in Yinchuan, Ningxia, Peoples Republic China for all those who want to move to Yinchuan or plan a vacation. The cost of living in Yinchuan is slightly higher than in other cities in China. Of course, it is much cheaper to live in Yinchuan than in Shanghai but if you compare it to Hangzhou you will feel the difference.
Drinks & Food:
- bottle of water 0,5l = 1-3 RMB
- Chinese beer in a supermarket = 2.5 RMB
- Imported beer in a supermarket = 10-20
- Bread = 5-10 RMB
- Milk 1l = 10 RMB
- 2 small steaks = 12 RMB
- 250g Butter = 40 RMB
If you eat a lot and you buy some imported products you can calculate 500-1000 RMB per month for two people.
- Taxi = 7 RMB (3km)
- Bus ticket (1h) = 1 RMB
- Black Taxi = 10 RMB (minimum charge)
Taking the bus in Yinchuan is the cheapest but in my opinion least comfortable option since the bus is always to crowded. Taking a taxi is more convenient but during rush hour it could take a while to get a cab- We do not suggest black taxis since it’s not safe.
- Lunch at a cheap restaurant = 15 RMB
- Lamian (local noodle dish) = 7 RMB
- Nice dinner for two = 100-200 RMB
- Hotpot = 200 RMB
- Streetfood = 3-10 RMB
- Chinese beer at a bar = 10-20 RMB
- Imported beer at a bar = 40 RMB
One of the local dishes is called Lamian 拉面 which is a fairly cheap noodle soup dish with some spice and lamb.
- 4-Star Chinese Hotel (Vintage Hill Hotel) = 400 RMB per night + breakfast
- 5-star Kempinski Hotel = 600-2000 RMB per night
- Standard Chinese Hotel = 100-300 RMB
You can find many Hotels in Yinchuan. From cheap to luxury you can get anything you want.
- 55 m2 apartment, luxury neighbourhood = 2000 RMB/ month
- 55 m2 apartment (standard) = 1000 RMB/ month
- 85 m2 apartment, luxury neighbourhood = 3000-4000 RMB/ month
- 85 m2 apartment (standard) = 1000-2000 RMB
Apartments in Yinchuan or China in General, are mostly furnished.
The cost of living in Yinchuan is really up to you, do you like imported products? So you will pay more than people who pick Chinese products.
That’s it about the cost of living in Yinchuan, if you want to know more you should visit numbeo.com If you think I made a mistake or you have any additional information then don’t hesitate to contact me andreas(at)yinchuan.de.